Article 1 (Application of terms)
Article 2 (Login ID and password)
- Each user of this service requires a corporate ID, user ID, and password.
- In order to begin using our services, a corporate ID, user ID, and password will be issued to a user representative. It is also possible that a user employs this service themself, and in such cases a user ID and password will be issued to a company administrator.
- Users will be responsible for the use and management of their ID and password. We take no responsibility whatsoever for damage caused by insufficient user management, errors in usage, usage by third parties, improper logins or other such eventualities.
- It is forbidden for a user to transfer or lend a corporate ID, user ID, or password to a third party that is not themself a user.
Article 3 (Prohibitions)
- When using this service, the following prohibitions apply. When we determine that there has been an infringement, we may without notice cancel the service for the user concerned, delete the user from our system, and not restart the service again in the future.
- Registration of false user information
- Unorthodox access for use other than in the normal manner with a Web browser
- Issuing a large number of requests with our service to place a load on our system
- Using a corporate ID, user ID, or password to a third party without the authorization of the person concerned
- An act corresponding to reverse engineering such as improper access or cracking
- Acts contravening the law
- Acts related to crime
- Acts infringing the copyright, patent rights, intellectual property rights or similar of a third party.
- Acts contrary to public order and morality
- Acts construed as socially-inappropriate behavior
- Any other acts that we deem inappropriate
Article 4 (Protection of information)
- We do our utmost to protect the information registered for use of our services. We comply with all laws relevant to personal information, and handle such information appropriately.
Article 5 (Responsibility of the user)
- In cases where a problem arises between users or between a user and a third party, the user(s) in question will be fully responsible for resolving the problem, including any related costs. We take no responsibility whatsoever in such cases.
- When a user registers and makes information public, the user concerned has responsibility for managing this information. We take no responsibility whatsoever in such cases.
- Users take full responsibility for their actions when using our services. All acts and their consequences while using these services are solely the responsibility of the user concerned.
Article 6 (Service content)
- Users employ our web-based server system and client applications for information devices—including smartphones—to control such information devices and software run upon those devices.
- With our services, a component of the features provided to control information devices and software run upon those devices is provided using an external short message service (SMS) to send an SMS (an SMS message) to an information device that correctly receives this SMS. This service relies on an external SMS, however some telephone service providers and information terminals may not support the service. In such cases, rather than using SMS, we will provide a part of our service features via periodic communication between the device in question and the Internet server system provided by us. Moreover, when SMS messages cannot be received, or when periodic communication is not possible between our server system and the device in question or the fixed line service of a telephone service provider, it may not be possible to use our services.
- Given the technical characteristics of an SMS, there may be cases where devices including smartphones may fail to send an SMS, fail to receive an SMS, or fail to communicate with the server system, however we take no responsibility whatsoever for any damage resulting from these issues. Moreover, there will be no reimbursements of payments of service fees in the case that the service is unavailable for any of the above reasons.
- Usage of this service becomes possible from the day upon which we announce the commencement of service, following receipt by us of payment for the service.
- This service is provided for use within Japan.
Article 7 (Changes to, suspension of and discontinuation of service)
- We may choose to change the content of some or all of this service. In the event that a change is made to the service content, this change will be made public on the MobiConnect portal site (http://www.mobi-connect.net).
- We may choose to suspend or discontinue the provision of some or all of this service. In the event of the suspension or discontinuation of this service, advance notice of this fact will be made public on the MobiConnect portal site (http://www.mobi-connect.net). However this does not apply in cases of emergency or when advance notice cannot be given.
Article 8 (Temporary interruption of service)
- In the event of any of the following, this service may be interrupted temporarily without prior notice to users. We take no responsibility whatsoever for damages caused due to interruption to this service. Moreover, there will be no reimbursements of payments of service fees in the case that the service is interrupted temporarily.
- In the event of emergency maintenance to the service
- In the event that the provision of the service is no longer possible due to fire, power failure, etc.
- In the event that the provision of the service is no longer possible due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, eruptions, or floods.
- In the event that the provision of the service is no longer possible due to war, riots, or violent disturbance.
- In the event that service provision is no longer possible due to problems with an external network that is not managed by us.
- In the event that service provision is no longer possible due to problems with an external service that we use.
- In the event that we decide that temporary interruption of this service is necessary for operational or technical reasons.
- We may temporarily interrupt this service with prior notice to users for the purpose of carrying out maintenance, checks, repairs and the like. We take no responsibility whatsoever for damages caused due to interruption to this service. Moreover, there will be no reimbursements of payments of service fees in the case that the service is interrupted temporarily.
Article 9 (Usage payments)
- For the use of this service, users pay us the fees set out separately. Moreover, all costs relating to connections for communication, including the line usage fees and equipment for information devices used with this service, are borne by the user.
- Payments for this service are made via the payment methods set out separately by us. In the event that there are various payment options specified by us, the user chooses one and makes the payments for usage specified in the previous paragraph. Moreover, when a user applies to change the payment method, the time at which this change shall be made will be specified by us.
- If by the date we have specified, payment of the usage fee cannot be confirmed, we may, without prior notice to the user and without obtaining the prior consent of the user, suspend this service, change the password of the user, or annul the usage rights for this service of the user.
- In the event that no prior request for cancellation of contract has been made to us by the user, the usage of the service will be considered to continue automatically, and we will invoice the user in advance for payment of the usage fees.
- The payment structure for this service is subject to change. However, in cases of change to usage payments, users will be given advance notice.
Article 10 (Cancellation of service)
- In the event that a user wishes to cancel the contract for this service, the cancellation procedures set out elsewhere by us will be taken, and the service will be canceled upon the completion of these procedures.
- Upon the completion of procedures to cancel the contract for this service, the rights and privileges for the corporate ID, user ID, and password necessary for use of this service will be lost.
Article 3 (Disclaimer)
- In the event of damage caused by a user of this service to another user or to a third party while using this service, we will take no responsibility whatsoever.
- We take no responsibility whatsoever for damages caused due to addition to or changes to this service, nor for damages caused by interruption to or cessation of this service. The same applies in cases of damages or the like caused by excessive access or degradation of browser display speed or operation speed due to unforeseen reasons, or data loss, within an Internet environment.
- We reserve the right to login in to a user's management screen or access a user database and browse the information registered by a user, or to perform necessary operations or processing upon it, in the following cases. We take no responsibility whatsoever for damages caused due to any of the above actions.
- When we need to register information on behalf of a user.
- When we need to clarify and resolve the origins of technical failures or problems regarding this service.
- When we receive an order to do so from a public institution such as a court or the police, based on relevant laws.
- When we decide that the life, body or assets, etc., of a person is in imminent danger, and that it is urgently necessary to do so.
- When we decide it is necessary to do so for other reasons for the correct operation of this service.
- We take no responsibility whatsoever for the acts of a user or problems caused as a result of such acts, during the usage of this service by a user, including the disclosure of information.
- During the usage of this service or upon its cancellation, the client applications installed on a user's smartphone or other information device as part of this service will be deleted or uninstalled. Upon doing so, remote control of this information device will become impossible, however we take no responsibility whatsoever for problems or damages this may cause.
- In the event that remote control of a user's smartphone or other information device becomes impossible due to the communication difficulties or other problems in the context of use of this service, we take no responsibility whatsoever for problems or damages this may cause.
Article 13 (Inquiries)
- We shall handle inquiries made within the times stipulated below and sent via the support mail address provided to users separately.
- Inquiry reception times:
Mon-Fri 10:00-18:00 (excepting public and in-house holidays)
Article 14 (Applicable laws)
Article 15 (Competent court)
Article 16 (Official language)
Article 17 (Supplementary provisions)
- Enacted and enforced as of May 30, 2011
- Partial revision on June 25, 2011 (Addition of Article 13) / Enforced
- Partial revision on June 28, 2011 (Addition of Article 6, Paragraph 6) / Enforced